Hidden Valley Hibiscus Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:11:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2011 HVH Online Store is Open!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greenhouse Setup  (Read 39105 times)
Darkhorse

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2012, 11:13:13 PM »

I've noticed that too--  not sure if you guys have PG&E down there but whew, this winter has been a tough one here in northern CA for utility costs.

Could you put your lights on a timer, Darren, so they switch off periodically while you're gone?  How about a small fan?

"They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night."  -Edgar Allan Poe
Charlie
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2012, 04:42:09 AM »

Darren, just make an opening in the plastic to let some heat out for while you are gone. It's better to be safe than sorry in situations like this.

Charlie

farmer d
Farmer D

Hollywood, CA

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2012, 12:13:10 AM »

So I decided to more heavily water all my plants and leave the greenhouse rack closed up for the four days.  Turns out that was a good call as the soil was getting kind of dry.  Humidity was still good in the 70% range. 

Jordan I was thinking the same about a timer which I ended up using one from my xmas lights which worked out fine.  Now I'm wondering what is a good course of action going forward.

Before I would manually shut off my grow lights but leave the heating pads on 24/7.  With the timer now attached it turns off everything for 8 hours including the heating pads at night.  Do young seedlings need heat all the time or is this good for acclimating them for eventually living outside free of artificial conditions?

Farmer D
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: