Hidden Valley Hibiscus Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:48:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2011 HVH Online Store is Open!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: winter feeding program  (Read 5779 times)
topshelf12

« on: October 26, 2012, 11:58:16 AM »

Hi Charlie,
I am keeping my greenhouse at about 60 at night. It gets up into the 70 and 80's during most days. I was doing special blend once a week and then the booster every couple of weeks. Super nova was twice a month. Would you change it at all for the winter? I also have about 7 in the house. Those are near south facing windows the temps are mid 50's at night high 60's to low 70's in the day. Should I feed them less than the summer routine?
thanks
Norm
San Jose
Charlie
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 09:20:34 AM »

Hi Norm,

Sounds pretty good. Do you feed and water together? If so, you will end up feeding less in winter just because you water less. That works out well usually. I have never found it a good idea to stop fertilizing in winter - these tropical plants still need nutrients all year round and your current program will provide for that.

Your options are mainly with Supernova. As Darren has shown, use of Supernova several times a week kept his outdoor hibiscus growing and blooming all winter. If you don't want to try for that, using a smaller amount will still help keep the plants from going totally dormant.

Charlie
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: