Hidden Valley Hibiscus Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:26:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2011 HVH Online Store is Open!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which green house ???  (Read 15953 times)
Nievesgirl

« on: September 17, 2012, 11:02:55 AM »

I am torn between buying a green house vs Building one.

I am not sure what to do or know which brands are worth the $$. I am looking for something pretty big. ( I am going to measure the area I want it it) I can do something that is 20ft wide by 36 feet long or even bigger lol just want to get something that I can just buy and everything is there. I want to use solar power heating/cooling and solar  for lights . I bought a green house book and saw seedling grow boxes ( I will definitely want one of those ) I also would like to add a sink and potting area inside ( Maybe I can just add that on the outside with pergola?

If anyone knows any brands that are not too expensive but bigger ? Thanks in advance

~Kerry~
Nievesgirl

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 10:48:23 AM »

So I think after doing some research I am going to get a sunglo greenhouse Smiley

* oscthumb-1.jpg (89.16 KB, 1000x382 - viewed 1139 times.)

* oscthumb.jpg (149.78 KB, 919x696 - viewed 1124 times.)

~Kerry~
Cindy
Cindy Black, Webmaster, Customer Service
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 07:19:02 AM »

Wow, nice Kerry! That will be a beauty if you can swing it!

In our Southern Calif climate, you might want to put the potting area outside, on the shady (north or east) side of the gh. It gets very hot inside, and outside seems more pleasant down here.

Good luck!!!!!

Cindy

Cindy
Southern California
farmer d
Farmer D

Hollywood, CA

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 12:00:30 AM »

Kerry that is one very impressive looking greenhouse.  It looks like quite an undertaking with the stone foundation if I'm seeing that right.  Really cool!

If you go that route I think tours at some point might be in order.  How exciting is this - first Kristen with her killer gh and now this!  More power to you...

Farmer D
LJG

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 12:37:37 AM »

NM
Nievesgirl

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 11:55:53 AM »

Wow, nice Kerry! That will be a beauty if you can swing it!

In our Southern Calif climate, you might want to put the potting area outside, on the shady (north or east) side of the gh. It gets very hot inside, and outside seems more pleasant down here.

Good luck!!!!!

Cindy

Thanks Cindy , Not sure would it make a difference the position my house is facing ? Most houses either face West or east. Mine faces south and the back wall ( in backyard ) is north.

If I do build a potting area it will be shaded by pergola or canvas sails. We have no shade what s ever in the backyard, so we have to make shade.

~Kerry~
Nievesgirl

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 11:57:00 AM »

If you go that route I think tours at some point might be in order.  How exciting is this - first Kristen with her killer gh and now this!  More power to you...

Farmer D

Darren and anyone who wants to come visit is more than welcome once I get it together Smiley

~Kerry~
Nievesgirl

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 08:26:44 PM »

I have been researching greenhouses all winter and decided I will just build one verses buy. I looked at so many models and brands and I just do not think its wise to buy a kit when its not even the dimensions I want. I am also leery of these warranties the companies offer. Since I live were there is high winds I just don't want to take those chances. I also searched sunglo greenhouse ( the one I posted in this thread , I really had my heart set on it  ) well I found this video and am not going to go with them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLLfXSOcloU

I am now going to just build one

here is what I found
http://www.solarhaven.org/Greenhouse.htm

I am highly inspired by the above build. I probably won't make mine as tall but I do have room to make it the same size width and length wise :p.
I am now just seeing what type of style I want to make it. Updates soon  Wink

~Kerry~
Nievesgirl

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 10:28:25 PM »

Today I went outside and measured 25' X 40' it seems way too small for all the plants I have and new ones to come. So I am thinking of doing 25'X100' or 25' X 150'  Shocked

~Kerry~
Ernest

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 08:04:52 AM »

Kerry, since you have the room in that yard I would go for bigger in greenhouse size. No regrets that way when you fill up a smaller one.

Erny
Nievesgirl

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2014, 05:17:57 PM »

Its been awhile but I went with this greenhouse by rimol 26 x 38' it should me here Jan 23rd. I can not wait.
 Grin This means I can by more hibiscus lol

* Riverbend3.jpg (144.62 KB, 750x563 - viewed 1126 times.)

* Masonbrook1.jpg (115.58 KB, 750x563 - viewed 1093 times.)

~Kerry~
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: